As of March 12, all UUFF services will be live-streamed and meetings will occur online, via the Zoom Platform. Read more about our decision to temporarily suspend in-person services by clicking here.
You can find the links/information for accessing services and meetings in UUFF’s weekly email or by clicking on the “This Week” section of our homepage – uufayetteville.org
To access Zoom you will need a Meeting Link or phone number, as well as Meeting ID. Here’s a sample meeting invitation:
For Computers and Smartphones:
- Click on the link provided.
- You may have to download the free Zoom app before you can join a meeting for the first time. You will be prompted.
- When the Zoom Meeting box pops up, click or tap the green “join” button. If the meeting hasn’t started yet, you’ll see a message to wait until the host (that’s us!) starts the meeting.
Here’s a good video tutorial for using Zoom as a participant:
Some tips for when you log-in:
- Mute your zoom (microphone button in lower left) until you wish to speak later in the service, or we ask everyone to un-mute.
- If sharing, check your video to see what is being shown
- Keep your video off if you wish.
- Use Earbuds
- You can make your screen either show everyone or mostly who is speaking with the icon in the upper right – Gallery View or Speaker View
- If you are having trouble with freezing, turn off your video feed (next to microphone Lower left) and just listen.
For Landlines and Less-Smartphones
People without computers or smart phones can dial in, even from a land line.
- Dial +1 312 626 6799 or +1 301 715 8592. Rates may apply.
- When prompted, enter the Meeting ID from your meeting invitation.
- If the meeting has not already started, press # and wait until the host starts the meeting.
Note: Place your phone on mute when you are not speaking.