Because we want to know who you are, and you to know what UU is, we offer classes that survey Unitarian Universalism and UUFF’s theology, history, and polity for explorers like you.
Unitarian Universalism is not a well known religious body, even though we have existed from the beginnings of this country, and have been a major player in the formation of this nation’s moral/social foundation, example: Public schools? Started by Unitarians!
New UU Classes
We invite you to join us for these interesting, educational, and spiritually-enriching classes. Many who attend decide to become members, but the class does not obligate you to anything, and some members take it now and again just to refresh and get to know new folks. It can be a great way to get to know others who are walking a similar religious path, whatever your decision about joining our congregation.
We have a series of three classes:
- Typically, our classes are on a Sunday evening starting around 5pm with a light supper. Childcare is provided if needed.
- Classes Include:
- Introduction and Spiritual Journeys: we will explore our personal spiritual journeys, how we have come to liberal religion, and learn about UU’s Theological/Philosophical evolution to become the Open Source religion we have become.
- Our History (offered separately): In this class we’ll look at the history of Unitarianism and Universalism, and their merging into UU. We liberal religionists have deep roots, and impact, in history. We will learn about UU Fayetteville’s history and this community’s journey to where we are today. Part of that history will be illuminated by our progressive stance on Social Justice.
- Get To Know Us: In this class you will meet our Board and Shared Ministry Team to learn about UUFF, how it is organized, how it works. You will get to know the benefits, opportunities, and responsibilities that come with being a UU and a member of UUFF. You’ll meet some great folks, many of whom started in a potluck with fellow liberal religionists just as you are.
- If you already know your UU theology and history, or are a transferring member, then taking the third class is a great opportunity to get to know who to work with to get things done at UUFF!
Sign into our online interest form and we’ll let you know when the next class will be. We’ll have a class every Fall and Spring, so sign up today!