Time: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
We want to emphasize that all are welcome at the last of our three solar information programs, our Fall Earth Care Series. It’s this coming Sunday, November 20th, from 1-3pm at the Fellowship. Book author Orlo Stitt and his son, David, who have been building solar homes for over 25 years, will present their formula for building a home that maximizes solar (passive and active) power systems.
In the session this Sunday, you will learn how to think like a sustainable builder, even if just to make your current house or apartment or office use the least possible energy and still stay comfortable. The objective of these Solar Energy sessions is not to make everyone buy solar energy systems, but rather to increase our overall awareness and knowledge of sustainable building. DID YOU KNOW:
1. what an envelope in your attic can do?
2. how ridge vents on the roof reduce your electric bills?
3. what the best insulation is for your home?
4. what a solar energy system costs (and did you know you might be able to lease a system and/or put a system in your back yard)?
5. that solar panels generate more electricity in the winter than in the summer?
6. that you can get close to 100% of your electric bill covered by solar, if your roof is at the right angle for it?
7. that you can get a loan for solar energy installation and not spend a dime up front, with a very affordable monthly rate? – We (Dina & Jeff Nash) pay $54 a month for the solar energy system that we have installed at our home.
8. that you can get a free energy audit from your electric and gas companies?
Thanks for your interest, and we hope you will come enjoy the solar program by Orlo and David Stitt of “Stitt Solar” and “Stitt Homes.” No registration needed. All are welcome!
Dina Nash and Justice Team