Adult Religious Exploration (ARE)
As Unitarian Universalists, we affirm a free and responsible search for truth and meaning that extends throughout our lives. We recognize that our individual needs, our hopes, and our beliefs may change as life changes us. Our programs are a set of planned activities that enable people who share a sense of spirituality, similar values, with diverse religious backgrounds to work together for spiritual awakening and faith development for the purpose of religious growth.
Our Adult RE Program Provides:
- Opportunities to be introduced to new ideas and experiences
- Opportunities for people to tell their own stories
- Opportunities to deepen understanding of Unitarian Universalism
- Encounters with wisdom from the sources of our living Unitarian Universalist tradition—direct experience, words and deeds of prophetic people, the world’s religions, Jewish and Christian tradition, humanist teachings and the guidance of reason, and spiritual teachings of earth-centered traditions
- Engagement with ethical and moral questions
ARE Discussion Group
An Adult Religious Exploration (ARE) discussion group is held weekly before Sunday service. It is a facilitated conversation where lively conversation and sharing of personal experience is encouraged. Each week the topic changes and is advertised in our weekly email to congregants. There is no need to sign up, just drop in from 10:00 – 10:45 am in the main building downstairs. Nursery care is available in the main during this time as well.
Meditation is held weekly before Sunday service. The period of meditation is followed by a short reading and discussion between 10:30 – 10:45. It doesnʼt matter what type of meditation you do, or if you have ever meditated before, you are welcome to come meditate in the UUFF Annex building (across Storer from UUFF in the west-nearest Storer-side of the annex). ALL ARE WELCOME. Enter through the front door.